Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Birthdays Coming Up


I have a couple of birthdays on the horizon. My niece and my mother have birthdays in February. I just started the Fountain Pen Shawl by Susan Lawrence. It is printed in the Spring 2009 Issue of Interweave Knits. I actually ordered this to do Eunny's vest in this issue and still haven't knit it. I'm so tired (for now) of fretting over writing patterns I wanted to take a break and knit someone else's pattern. I really like this one. Its fast and easy. Don't be intimidated by the fact that its lace. If you can do deacreases and and yarn over you're good! It woud be a great first lace project for someone. I'm loving it. I'm knitting it in a golden colored fingering weight yarn. Its Palette by Knit Picks in case anyone is interested. Its not the gauge yarn called for, but I love this color and I like a slightly heavier shawl personally. I wear very few things only because of the way they look. I absolutely demand that they be comfortable. This will be more of a winter shawl for sure. She may even decide to leave it draped across her couch. We'll see. I'll keep ya posted on any modifications I need to make while changing the gauge.

No comments: