Friday, January 29, 2010

Its Growing!


This shawl is probably the easiest thing I've knit in a long time. It is beautiful and intricate looking, but looks can be deceiving. The repeats are easy peasy to memorize. I find I can easily answer math questions, break up sibling arguements, keep an eye on dinner and even watch the news while knitting this baby. I highly recommend this for beginners in lace. I'm at the edging now. I've only been knitting this shawl for about four-five days. Yes, I'm a fast knitter (as you see in the video of me knitting), and I've been knitting for a long time. You try it. You'll see what I mean. This is a great pattern. Its easy to modify the size by reducing the repeats which is what I had to do to incorporate the larger gauge yarn. It takes no math at all to alter for size and gauge. I give it two thumbs way up!

No comments: