Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Switching my blog over HERE




I haven't written much here. I have most of my posting at http://knitability.spaces.live.com/. But I get very few visitors and thought this might improve things.


Most of my blogging is about knitting. I am currently working on "Clessidra" in the current Spring issue of Knittyhttp://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring07/PATTclessidra.html


I am also trying to finish a sweater vest (my design) for my daughter. I have yet to tackle the steeking for the arm holes. Any tips? The front steeks were done on my sewing maching though not highly recommended. This was the last of my acrylic stash and the yarn didn't mesh well with the machine stitching. The zipper turned out nicely. It was also stitched on machine. If you do this make sure you don't allow your machine foot to stretch your knitting otherwise your zippered front will be MUCH longer than the rest of your sweater. Start at the bottom placing the front opening side edge in the middle of your zipper (it may slide). Then stitch to about the middle of your zipper. Cut and start other half of stitching from top of sweater down to where you stopped. It is important to stitch as close to the zipper teeth as possible without limiting your ability to open and close your zipper. It may take a couple of tries.
I plan on using several patterns in Nancy Bush's FOLK SOCKS for some sock yarn and also up and coming is a cardi/wrap (my design) for myself. If anyone has any patterns to suggest I am open. The yarn I have to use is Knit Picks DK Nutmeg and I have tons of it.
Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Denise said...

Steeking - haven't tried that yet, I am not that brave. Cutting knitting seems very radical. But, my tip would be to have a glass of red wine first before you got out the scissors!