Saturday, April 21, 2007

Yorkshire Pudding Recipe As Promised


Yorkshire Pudding


Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.

In a large bowl, beat two eggs lightly with 1 cup of milk. Whisk in 1cup of flour and season with salt, pepper and nutmeg (about a pinch). Stir in 1/4 cup of melted beef drippings, butter or bacon grease.(sometimes I use all three) Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. (sometimes 15 will suffice)

In a small ovenproof skillet (I use my cast iron skillet), place another 1/4 cup of melted beef drippings, butter or bacon grease. (or combination of two or three) Place the skillet in the oven. When the skillet is SIZZLING hot, pour in the batter. (it will look like a pancake...sorta) Bake until puffed and lightly browned, about 30 min.. Reduce heat to 350 degrees and bake until well browned and crisp on top, 10-15 min. Cut into squares, triangles...whatever and serve!


As most of you know already it is best served with a beef roast.


Ew Ew...and I've made progress on my Norweigan stockings! But my husband came in and said he really liked em...so I shortened them for his liking and now they will be his. It is so seldom he is enthusiastic I felt I haaad to give in. Smile.


Happy Knitting!

1 comment:

Romi said...

Eeeee! I love the name of your blog! I am a huge Jane Austen fan. :)