Friday, December 14, 2007

Yulecaka and Heartburn!




Although the two are really unrelated I can't help but mention the heartburn as this is my fifth child and really the worst heartburn I've had yet. I can hardly wait to hold my new little boy and be rid of the foul heartburn/acid reflux yuckies.

I have mentioned before that my grandmother is half Norweigan. (other half German) so making Yulecaka is a family tradition. Now she has moved into an assisted living home and cannot bake anymore. The tradition is left to me since neither of her daughters bakes from scratch. I taught my three oldest how to bake Yulecaka today. However, I forgot how looooooooooong it takes, so I'm blogging at 12:49am waiting for the second batch to come out.

The smell of cardamom takes me back though. I keep thinking of my grandparents and how much I miss them both...together. I makes me think of snow and horses and the occasional country Christmas of my childhood. It gets me excited about the frazier fir my boys and husband will go pick out on Sunday while my daughter and I enjoy a baby shower my sister is throwing for me. It makes me think of how grateful I am for my family, my kids and my wonderful husband.

But, alas, the heartburn is getting the better of me. I need to get out of this chair. Happy family time to everyone who ventures to read this blog. I hope its the birth of Christ you celebrate, but if not...know He's thinking of you. I feel it.

Blessings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow what a good looking child!!

(the sweaters are nice Too!)

Yulecaka...yum yum..
Heartburn...no thanks...



Love,
Mama
PS You always were a great artist!!