Friday, February 15, 2008

My Funny Valentine





My sweet husband is always spoiling me. If you knew my life before my husband you might say it was about time someone did. Maybe not!?! Still, he seems to think I deserve it, and who am I to argue? I don't think in all my life anyone has ever taken the time and the effort to really know me as well as he does.

I always think of romantic relationships as petering out over time. It's not the case here. Every day I love him more. Every day I realize what a blessing he is.

The first picture is full of my Valentine's Day gifts from my hubby. The barrets are from Cubitas. They are so lovely. Look at the cute little boxes they came in in the second picture. The third is just an expirement in mittens. The fourth is some yarn my dh picked out for a sweater for himself that probably won't be enough now...oh well, yarn never goes to waste around here. Smile. I have to find him the perfect yarn. The name of this yarn was so appropriate too. He wants a non bulky kinda plain sweater. I have been on the hunt now for the perfect yarn and pattern for him for about a year. Happy Valentine's Day to all!

3 comments:

Nan said...

Love the red and white knitting, did you finish it? You said it was an experiment, I hope it worked out well for you.

Now that yarn for you husbands sweater? I love the color and the name LOL, can you find another yarn that would work as a complimentary color to it that could be worked like the mitten experiment? I mean something very similar so there isn't a lot of contrast, but just enough to give it texture and in visual way. I'm not good at the kind of knitting you are doing with the two colors, so I am in awe over it.

I know men usually like plain stuff, so two colors might not be what he wants. As far as the question about on line shopping you posted to me for fabric? Never done it on line, I "HAVE" to feel it and see it in different lights and pet it and oh, you get my drift. I have only bought yarn on line once, for just the same reason! Good luck in the drapes though!

Nan said...

Wow! I can't believe you didn't have any more then 2 entries in your contest! But what I really can't believe is "I" won? I was just guessing wildly when I said it looked like our childhood husky dogs hair!! Whoa! I'll send you my address in an email later, I am trying to post an announcement to everyone, here it is.

Do you want to enter my Blog-iversary Contest? Come to my blog for details and join in the fun!

Nan said...

aaack!!! I thought I had your email address, but I don't and it's a "noreply" comment on my blog when you wrote. I don't see your email address on your profile page so I can write that way either, sooo.. if you could send me an email at nannybirdcrafts@yahoo.com so I can get your email, I will write to you and send you my mailing address! Thanks again, I am so excited to win your contest, it's a very generous prize!